Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Kate Chopin

The story of an hour: This story is my favorite story of all of the stories that we read. I liked this story because it was an interesting story to read. You know I liked it also because it amazed me that I never thought that she would die at the end of shock because I thought that when she receive the news she was going to have the heart attack. It was like a story that trapped me because since it was so interesting and it was like completely different from something that I have ever read. In this story they referred to freedom, I think it was described as like she was free that her husband had died and she was going to live her life better because maybe they were having problems or because she didn't love him enough to be happy. You know she wanted to be free like in a way to get away from him now that supposedly he had died.

The Blind Man: Well this story was good but I really didn't like it. I didn't like it because you know I didn't want to know what happened when a blind & dumb man goes through. I already know that. I also didn't like it because I thought it wasn't fair for the blind guy that he had to walk where all the sun was at & that maybe the rich guy gave him the pencils to sell them so the blind guy would get out off his property. I think that was unfair. In this story they referred to disabled, rich vs. poor, I think it was described this way because it was like the poor guy was going against the rich guy you know like they were in a war that cause the rich guy to lose because he was greedy or mean. He wasn't being nice so he receive the consequences that he deserves for being that mean.

Desiree's Baby: I like this story but at the same time I didn't. I liked it because it nice how a young man married a young lady and they loved each other and when finally they had a child they were so happy with each other. I didn't like it because there was racism in this story. I think its unfair that he blamed her for the baby being born in a black color, but when it was really his fault not hers. When I read that he kicked her out of the house, I was amazed because how would you kick your wife with a baby in her hands. But afte I read the part where he read his mother's letter, I was shocked but at the same time happy because he got what he deserved for blaming Desiree. In this story they referred on racism, I think it was described like that because the man that Desiree got married with didn't want to be seen with someone black and he just mistreated her and blamed for how the baby looked in the color. You know it was really fair but at least he got what he deserved a payback!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. good job alexy. I like how you put that u would get payback!!! for the story desiree baby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job. I agree with you and i like your response. <3 :]

    ReplyDelete