Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Hansel and Gretel.

My name is Gretel. I live with my father and step-mother. I only have one brother and his name is Hansel. We are a very poor family and we don't have much food to eat.
My brother and me were hearing what our parents were talking about. Father was bragging to mother about how they would become without any food. I heard that mother said that they should take us into the forest and build a large fire and then they would leave us alone. I couldn't believe what mother had said. Father didn't like the idea that mother had come up with. But mother had convinced him to say yes to her idea. I was very sad that we might never see our parents again especially our dad.
My brother told me that he will find a way to help us. When mother and father went to sleep, he stood up from his bed and put on his coat, and went outside. He grabbed white pebbles and grabbed as many as could.


The next day, mother came in to our room and woke us up. There was some food for us in the table but not so much. I took the piece of the bread and put inside my apron pocket. We were on our way to the forest and I saw that Hansel all he did was look back at the house and was dropping a pebble on the road. Father asked him why he kept looking back to the house.
"I am looking at the white cat, that is sitting on top of the roof, and he wants to say good-bye to me."
Mother didn't really like what Hansel had said. When we reached to the spot where they were going to leave us, father told us to get some wood and pile it up like a hill. We hurried to bring back some wood. Father started the fire and said that they would leave us here until they would cut some wood that they needed.
I cried a little because I didn't know how were we ever going to get out of the forest. I asked Hansel that and he said that I should just wait a little bit more longer.


When the moon had finally risen, Hansel took my hand and pulled me out of the forest. We walked all the night to get to our father's house. It seemed like for ever. When we got home mother opened the door, she was angry because she said we took so long in the forest. I was very excited to see my parents again because I don't want to ever leave them. We just went to bed because mother said that everything was almost eaten up so there was no food for us! Hansel again stood up from his bed to go grab more pebbles but mother had locked the door. Again early in the morning, mother came back to wake us up but this time she sounded really mean. We were on our way to the forest and Hansel was thowring the crumbs of the bread into the groun so we can follow the crumbs and get back home. Again father asked Hansel what he was doing and told him something similar to what he had said yesterday but just changed a the thing he was looking at. When the moon came out, again me and Hansel try to went back home but the crumbs weren't there because the birds have eaten them.

We walked and walked so we can try to find our way back home. But unfortunately we didn't. The next day we tried again but we didn't find our way. Hansel and me were starving but we couldn't find nothing to eat. We watched a swon white bird sing a beautiful song. When it was the end of the song the bird left but me and Hansel followed it until it got to a small house that was mad eout of bread and the windows were made out of clear sugar. We ate and ate until we couldn't because since we were really starving so we ate a lot! All of the sudden this lady came and she looked really old. She asked us what we were doing at her house and we didn't answer. She took us inside her house and she had food ready for me and Hansel on the table. It was so good and it tasted yummmy!!!!!!!

The weird lady only pretended to be nice. In real life she was a wicked witch that waited for children to fell for her trap so she can cook them and eat them. In the early morning, before me and Hansel were awake,she was awke already. She took Hansel to a little stable and locked him in there. Then she shook me until i was awake. I saw Hansel and I was sad. Poor Hansel, he had to eat so he can get fat and the witch to eat him! The next day, I had to go out and hang the cauldron with water and light fire. She heated the oven. She told me to get into the oven to see if it was heated enough. I got inside and she tried to shut the door of the oven and let me in there so I can get baked. I pushed the witch into the oven and shut the door and put it at a higher temperature and she burnt to death. I unlocked Hansel out of the stable. We ran but we had to cross the river which there was no bridge to cross over or anything. So Hansel asked a duck to cross of over and we got there safely and ran back to our father's house and we hugged him. He said that our stepmother had dide from soemthing that happened. I was so happy we came back and saw our father back again!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment